I am excited and proud to announce this major milestone in SundaySky history. From the first SmartVideo generated in 2009 for Overseas Adventure Travel, to 38 live programs today, we have reached over 100 million views. Fresh off of our inaugural SmartVideo Summit last month, 2013 is serving as a momentous year for us. This is how we are feeling today, fist pumps and hugs included…
But what does 100 million views even mean? Here are some other 100 million milestone marks…
- Last year’s viral video smash “Kony 2012” was the fastest video to reach 100 million views, in just six days. (Even at it’s 30-minute length.)
- Comparatively, this year’s South Korean pop music video, Psy’s “Gangnam Style,” reached 100 million views in 51 days.
- YouTube received 100 million views per day… back in 2006, less than a year after it launched.
- Over 100 million viewers (108 million to be precise) tuned in to this year’s Super Bowl game; which seems to be an audience size worth $4 million to advertisers for a 30-second spot.
- Facebook hit its own 100 million-user mark… back in 2008. Two years later, the social giant hit 100 million mobile users. And just last month, the company’s acquired Instagram app hit 100 million monthly usersof its own.
- M*A*S*H, the most watched series finale in US television history, ended the series with 106 million viewers, back in 1983.
- Zynga’s Draw Something gaming app hit 100 million downloads in one year.
- We’re trailing right behind Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, two movies that both had over 100 million audience viewers in the theatres. Comparatively, our video views are above Jurassic Park, Avatar and The Avengers, ranging from 72 to 82 million audience viewers.
- Relative to national population sizes, 100 million SmartVideo views would rank between the Philippines (at 92+ million) and Mexico (at 112+ million).
This is a significant and gratifying moment for us because it means that companies are embracing the philosophy of SmartVideo as an effective tool for customer engagement throughout the lifecycle, and their customers are enjoying the SmartVideo experience, too. And of course, we could not have gotten to where we are without our talented team. To our trailblazing customers and our dedicated team: Thank you.
So what’s next? You know what’s cool… a billion views!