SundaySky research reveals approximately 3 in 5 businesses exclusively rely on specialists to create videos instead of technology
While businesses use videos in myriad ways, including reaching prospects, onboarding and educating customers and/or engaging employees, their emphasis on traditional video production methods instead of technology creates challenges for scaling video creation, delivering personalized videos, and updating content over time. As a result, 95% of businesses face barriers to expanding their use of video.
“Our research reveals technology is severely underutilized by businesses creating and personalizing videos. As businesses face challenging market conditions that demand greater scrutiny on how every dollar is spent, legacy production models and tools no longer cut it. The need to embrace modernized technology that makes video creation more efficient and scalable has never been more urgent,” said Mark Tack, CMO of SundaySky.
“Our research reveals technology is severely underutilized by businesses creating and personalizing videos,” said Mark Tack, CMO of SundaySky. “As businesses face challenging market conditions that demand greater scrutiny on how every dollar is spent, legacy production models and tools no longer cut it. The need to embrace modernized technology that makes video creation more efficient and scalable has never been more urgent.”
Key findings include:
- Videos comprise a significant portion of budgets, and yet, it’s still too costly to do more with video. While companies tend to spend less during times of uncertainty, video has remained a top priority during the pandemic and continues to command a sizable share of spend. For businesses already doing professional video, nearly one-third (31%) of a group’s annual budget is dedicated to video, on average. Despite high spending on video production, the survey also found that companies identify cost as the number one barrier to personalizing, updating and doing more with video overall.
- Personalization is not yet the norm, but will be soon, spurred by creatives. Over half (55%) of businesses do not personalize videos, but the tipping point is fast approaching. Creatives are 47% more likely than marketers to be doing one-to-one personalization.
- Video is vital to both customer and employee experiences. Sixty-five percent (65%) of businesses use videos for customer service, closely followed by employee communications (61%). While use of Zoom and other video conferencing platforms skyrocketed in the pandemic-driven era of remote work, professionally produced videos—including motion graphics, animation, live action and computer screen recordings—also gained significant traction to engage employees and maintain connections in the absence of in-office interactions.
- Opportunity to modernize video production remains sizable. Nearly 3 in 5 (59%) of businesses rely exclusively on internal and external people resources to create videos, whereas the remaining 41% use technology such as templates and support in video creation software. Medium-sized businesses are 30% more likely than large enterprises to modernize their video production processes by using templates and software.
To learn more about the findings, download the full report at SundaySky.com/pulse.
SundaySky commissioned CITE Research, a leading market research firm, to survey 570 professionals (at the manager to executive level) across a range of industries in the U.S. All respondents have responsibility to incorporate professional video content into their marketing, customer care or communications strategies.
SundaySky is leading the video revolution for businesses, enabling users to efficiently create, personalize, distribute and optimize video at scale. Customers such as 1-800 Contacts, Bank of America, Okta, Rent-A-Center, Select Blinds, Staples, UnitedHealthcare, United Airlines, Verizon and many others have adopted SundaySky to help their organizations drive business outcomes. SundaySky’s Video Platform unleashes the true power of video by making it simple for users and scalable for organizations, resulting in improved return on investment through next level content effectiveness and efficiency. Headquartered in New York City, SundaySky has additional offices in Tel Aviv and Tokyo. For more information, visit www.sundaysky.com.