SundaySky has a unique and exciting opportunity to join an analytics group for a rapidly growing startup. Our product combines digital technology, advertising, consumer relationship management, and big data for the most recognizable brand names across multiple industries. We are seeking an energetic, self-starter that combines an analytical mind with creative problem-solving skills to use data to drive success. The ideal candidate approaches analysis as a path to strategic thinking that culminates in actionable insights through intuitive visualizations and tools. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative startup environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, SundaySky is the place for you.
In a fast paced, ever-changing environment, you will be involved in the following:
- Developing a reporting platform to provide a unified view of results through dashboards and reports that will be accessed by all levels within SundaySky and external clients.
- Partner with Product to drive priorities across reporting needs and implement analytics roadmap solutions
- Actively communicate project progress and solution decisions across range of technical and business stakeholders
- Maintaining data integrity working closely with R&D to organize and store data in a format that provides accurate data and allows the business to quickly identify both data and operational issues.
- Building proactive analysis through data mining to identify trends and opportunities for product optimization.
- Finding areas of opportunity to revenue expansion in client programs.
- Proving value to strategic clients by developing data-driven stories in dynamic presentations.
- Discovering best practices to reduce subjectivity, display industry leadership, and further develop our product.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root - stepping back to understand broader context and develop solutions to meet many different needs
- Packaging and presenting analytical findings and clearly communicating (both written and verbal) program results and complex concepts to success managers, marketing, sales team, and the end client in both statistical and non-statistical terms.
- Supporting sales and success management teams by providing data-driven industry overviews, information on research products, assisting with trouble-shooting issues, and answering questions that may arise from data issues and reports.
- Become an expert in industry, customer and SundaySky measurement methodologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skillet:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analytics
- Experience and expertise with Tableau development
- Competency in statistical analytic techniques such as: time series data analysis, forecasting segmentation, uni-variate & multivariate statistical analysis, various metrics and key performance indicators, research & test design, significance testing, hypothesis testing, variance and growth calculations, return on investment
- Project management skills, including the abilities to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with colleagues and clients in diverse departments, geographic locations, and time zones. Balances desire for quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent business data
- Critical thinking: capable of generating consistently accurate, useful reports as well as enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight relevant to marketing program objectives
- Experience with the following tools:
- MS Office: Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, advanced macros, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Web analytics tools: Google Analytics, Omniture, DART, Coremetrics, etc.
- Open source statistical software: R or Python (similar to SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Database (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization and/or an eye for design
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy and positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.Sc.) or equivalent.
- Experience with eCommerce / digital advertising best practices
- Willingness to take coaching for continuous personal development
- Experience working with a distributed team of Sales managers, project managers and technical support.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
SundaySky is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.